Jobs at ClearEdge3D
Software Developer Position Available at ClearEdge3D
ClearEdge3D is a young company with deep experience in computer vision algorithms for automating the creation of 3D models from point clouds. We’re seeking multiple talented C++ developers who are passionate about 3D modeling and strongly motivated to apply their skills towards solving exciting, challenging real-world problems. This is an opportunity to get deeply involved in hands-on, cutting edge research and development work on automated feature extraction from point clouds.
A strong candidate will have deep background in 3D geometry, efficient object-oriented programming skills, and the ability to communicate well verbally, write clearly, and collaboratively develop algorithms and software within a small team environment.
Location: Manassas, Virginia
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation techniques in a fast moving environment.
- At least 3 years of C++/Object Oriented programming experience
- Strong background in 3D geometry and/or mathematical modeling
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate external code and libraries
- Self-motivated and eager to make an impact
- Authorized to work in US or able to obtain such authorization quickly
- M.S. or Ph.D in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Photogrammetry, laser scanning, and/or point cloud experience
- Experience with Point Cloud Library (PCL) and/or Open Computer Vision (OpenCV) libraries
- Computer vision and/or 3D graphics experience – OpenGL / VTK a plus
- Software ergonomics and GUI design – particularly as it relates to 3D modeling
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
This is a ground-floor opportunity with an innovative and rapidly growing startup. We’ve won several grants from the National Science Foundation to develop our technology, and our commercial applications are gaining tremendous traction in the laser scanning marketplace. You will work on game-changing software that could revolutionize the 3D modeling and Architectural/Engineering/Construction industries.
To apply for this position, please write a short email describing yourself and your accomplishments and send it along with your CV or resume to email@example.com.
Keywords: Point Cloud, LIDAR, Laser Scanning, Computer Vision, Photogrammetry, Solid Modeling, 3D Geometry, Applications, Feature Extraction, Object Recognition, Software, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Engineering, Computer Science, Ph.D, PhD, Doctorate, M.S. MS, Masters.